How to Get Huayna Picchu Tickets: The Ultimate Guide 2023
Huayna Picchu is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Peru. If you’re planning on visiting Machu Picchu, you’ll want to make sure you get tickets for Huayna Picchu 2023 as well! In this blog post, we will provide an overview of Huayna Picchu and teach you how to get tickets for this amazing attraction.
Huayna Picchu is an iconic mountain peak located on the edge of Machu Picchu. It stands at 2,720 meters (8,923 feet) above sea level and offers stunning views of the ancient Inca city below. Huayna Picchu can be accessed via a steep footpath that winds its way up to the summit.
The popularity of Huayna Picchu has made it a sought-after attraction. In order to access the mountain, visitors must obtain tickets in advance. Tickets for this site can be purchased online or at the Machu Picchu ticket office.
What is Huayna Picchu?
Huayna Picchu is a mountain peak located on the edge of Machu Picchu, the iconic ancient Inca city in Peru. Standing at an impressive 2,720 meters (8,923 feet) above sea level, Huayna Picchu offers stunning views of the surrounding area. The mountain can be accessed via a steep footpath that winds its way up to the summit.
Huayna Picchu mountain is a hidden gem between Km 82 to 122 in the northeast of Peru’s Cusco department in Urubamba province. Part of the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu stands north of its famous Inca City and provides an iconic view from behind for photographs taken at Machu Picchu. Visitors to Peru can climb Huayna Picchu for an unparalleled experience, offering them a spectacular view of Machu Picchu and the surrounding wildlife.
Huayna Picchu is an amazing experience, and one that starts as soon as you get your Huayna Picchu ticket. Once you get to the Huayranas sector within Machu Picchu, there’s a clear path from the entrance of The Inca City to the Income Control booth and Huayna Picchu tickets area. Along this route, prepare to be amazed by stairways that were perfectly worked into the edge of the mountain walls! It serves as a steep reminder of how amazing of an engineering feat it was for The Inca Empire to build Machu Picchu at such heights with limited resources.
What to see or do in the Huayna Picchu mountain?
- Get a spectacular view of Machu Picchu from the top of Huayna Picchu.
- Walk in the footsteps of the Incas on this ancient trail.
- Visit The temple of the Sun.
- Visit The Temple of the 3 Windows.
- Visit The Temple of the Condor.
- Visit The Main Temple.
- Visit The Intihuatana.
- Visit The Sacred Rock.
- Visit Platforms and colcas.
- Marvel at the ruins of Machu Picchu below you.
- Learn about the history and culture of Peru on this guided hike.
- The most difficult section is known as the ‘Huayna Picchu death stairs’ as they are located on the edge of several meter high cliffs.
- All the archaeological attractions of Machu Picchu.
Impediments to access to the Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Access to children under 12 years is prohibited
- In many sections the traveler must use their hands to be able to hold on securely.
- Ascent to the Huayna Picchu mountain and this can only be done on foot
- A good physical condition is required.
- If you have an extreme fear or panic of heights, it is not highly recommended to do this hike
Tips to access to the Huayna Picchu Mountain
- You will not be able to tour Wayna Picchu if you do not have a reservation on one of the 400 available tickets. Note: It is recommended to do it 3 months in advance.
- It is essential to travel with a good walking implement such as: walking shoes, etc…
- There are 2 schedules: (Group 1: 7:00 am to 8:00 am – 200 spaces available) (Group 2: 9:00 am to 10:00 am – 200 spaces available)
- Our recommendation is that you buy your Huayna Picchu tickets for the 2nd group: 9 to 10 a.m.
- Do not take with you anything more than necessary
- The best time to visit Huayna Picchu is between the months of May and September; But coming to Machu Picchu in the rainy season also has its advantages.
- Many people are waiting to get to Cusco to buy their Machu Picchu tickets. Although it is possible to buy Machu Picchu tickets up to a few weeks in advance, this is not possible with the Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu ticket.
- I am 65 years old, can I go to Huayna Picchu? The thousands of people that we have taken to Machu Picchu taught us that reaching the top of Huayna Picchu depends more on the desire to be at the top than on how old you are.
Before touring the Huayna Picchu mountain you should consider this:
- You will not be able to enter the Huayna Picchu mountain if you do not present your printed Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu ticket, along with your PASSPORT
- Unless you enter Machu Picchu via the Inca Trail, the only way to get to Machu Picchu is by train, so book your tickets in advance.
How to Get Huayna Picchu Tickets 2023?
Huayna Picchu mountain is one of the most breathtaking hikes in all of South America, and tickets to access the Huayna Picchu trails are highly sought after. An incredible 400 Huayna Picchu tickets are granted on a daily basis, as people from all over the world compete to be selected for this unique opportunity. Those lucky enough to get tickets will experience an awe-inspiring tour of Huayna Picchu from the moment they enter and traverse its dizzying paths and impossible staircases – until finally reaching the apex of the mountain and being rewarded with a spectacular sight; The incomparable Temple of the Moon. This ancient temple feels like a portal to some long lost time, making Huayna Picchu an experience that is certainly not soon forgotten!
Note: There is no type of exclusive ticket to enter Huayna Picchu. Because the ‘Huayna’ is located within Machu Picchu, the entrance to the Inca City is included in the ticket.
Wayna Picchu alternate route will have 200 spaces per day, distributed in 4 hours:
- Entrance from 06:00 to 07:00 hrs.
- Entrance from 08:00 to 09:00 hrs.
- Entrance from 09:00 to 10:00 hrs.
- Entrance from 10:00 to 11:00 hrs.
What should I not do?
- Do not book your Wayna Picchu entrance tickets in advance.
- There are only 400 people who can enter Huayna Picchu daily.
- Do not be late at the entrance door
- Do not climb Huayna Picchu if you suffer from vertigo
- Don’t underestimate the mountain
- Do not trespass the lanyards
- Don’t forget the camera
- Don’t forget to visit the Temple of the Moon
- Do not violate the rules
- You will not be able to carry backpacks weighing more than 5 kilos.
- You may not carry walking sticks.
- You cannot smoke.
- You may not throw food waste
- Do not disturb the flora and fauna
- Do not disturb the order or tranquility of other visitors.
Important: It is crucial to book your tickets at least 3 months in advance. However, in high season it is recommended to do it at least 6 months before.
Which schedule Huayna Picchu Tickets choose?
Huayna Picchu tickets there are 2 entry times and they are from 7 a.m to 8 a.m. or 9 a.m to 10 a.m.:
Entrance from 06:00 to 07:00 to 08:00 hrs: To see Machu Picchu early, you need to spend the previous night in Aguas Calientes.
Entrance from 09:00 to 10:00 hrs: The best time to visit Machu Picchu is early in the morning when the sun is already up.
How much is the cost Huayna Picchu Tickets 2023?
The prices are official from the government, but there are prices from authorized agencies with commission.
Official prices of Huayna Picchu tickets 2023:
- Foreign Adult: $ 86.00
- Foreign Student: $ 57.00
- Foreign Child : $ 57.00
- National Adult: $ 54.00
- National Student: $ 40.00
- National Child: $ 40.00
Best Schedule to visit Huayna Picchu Tickets
Huayna Picchu: between 7:00 to 08:00 (Circuit 1)
If you are wanting to experience the best of Hayna picchu and the beautiful morning landscapes that it has to offer, the most popular schedule is a great choice. It may be crowded, with 500 people arriving at that time from the Inca Trail, but this makes it even more special – so many cultures gathered together in one amazing place! You will want to take your time slowly due to all of the people, which will make it a journey full of lasting memories. However, it may be harder to find a clear backdrop for photos due to all of the activity. Nevertheless, having this unique opportunity of being surrounded by so many others at once is something not to be missed!
Huayna Picchu: between 9:00 to 10:00 (Circuit 2)
This schedule allows you to explore this beautiful citadel without large crowds and a majority of the time with light flux of people. Imagine that one amazing photo capturing yourself and the staggeringly majestic Machu Picchu behind you. Have your camera at hand, as only meeting the sun’s first beams at Machu Picchu will make your experience completely fulfilling.
Many people prefer this schedule due to its convenience because you can see the Incan citadel even on rainy or dry seasons.
How to book the Machu Picchu tickets online 2022 and 2023
Step 1 – Check availability
- Go to www.machupicchu.gob.pe
- Choose Machu Picchu Huayna Picchu ticket and the time of your choice.
- Choose the day and check availability: ’50’ means that there are 50 tickets available. The circle means that tickets are no longer available.
Step 2 – Make the reservation
- Choose the number of tickets needed
- Once you’ve done this, select “Step 2” at the bottom
- Enter your information: Then you must complete your personal data, you must enter your information exactly as it appears on your passport. Verify that the personal information is correct.
- Once you’ve entered your information, click “Step 3”. You may get to pop up to “read the terms and conditions”, although these are only written in Spanish.
- Then enter your e-mail address, double check that “The information provided is correct”, and click on “Generate reservation”. Now you will get a couple of pop-ups, including your “Reservation form.” This is important so do not close it
Step 3 – Make the payment online
Payment with visa or mastercard
Step 4 – Print your tickets
Receive through your mail your entrance tickets to Machu Picchu + Wayna Picchu. Note: Choose an email that is active or working.
What is the best option if the Huayna Picchu tickets are sold out?
If the Huayna Picchu tickets are sold out, don’t worry! There are still plenty of ways to experience this iconic mountain peak and its surrounding area.
First of all, you could hike the Machu Picchu Mountain or Huchuy Picchu Mountain, one of the other nearby trails in the Machu Picchu region. These trails offer stunning views of the valley and Machu Picchu, but don’t involve the more technical climb up Huayna Picchu.
Another option is to take a guided tour of the area. Many tours offer incredible views of Machu Picchu while still having guides available to answer any questions you might have about the history and culture of the area.
Machu Picchu Mountain Tickets
Machu Picchu Mountain Tickets are essential for those planning on visiting the iconic Machu Picchu, an ancient Inca city located in Peru. Standing at a staggering 3,082 meters (10,111 feet) above sea level, Machu Picchu Mountain offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape and is accessible via a footpath up to the summit.
Machu Picchu Mountain tickets can be purchased online, but it’s important to note that these tickets must be purchased at least 10 days in advance as they are subject to availability. Depending on the time of year, visitors will also need to consider the weather conditions before attempting their climb.
Huchuy Picchu Mountain Tickets
Huchuy Picchu Mountain Tickets are ideal for those looking to add an exciting challenge and a different view of Machu Pichu to their travels. Standing at 2,720 meters (8,923 feet), the Huchuy Picchu peak offers stunning views of the Sacred Valley and allows visitors to take in more of Peru’s breathtaking scenery.
Huchuy Picchu Mountain Tickets can be purchased online and should be purchased at least 10 days in advance to guarantee space. Climbing the peak requires a good level of physical fitness, as it is steep and involves some scrambling up rocks. Visitors should also take into account the weather conditions before attempting their climb.
Frequently asked questions about Huayna Picchu
The best time to ascend the Huayna Picchu is during the dry season in Peru, which runs from May to September. During these months, the weather is more consistent with fewer chances of rain, making it ideal for trekking and climbing. Additionally, the temperatures are milder and there is less humidity in the air.
Travel New Posts
Get to know our most requested tours and choose between our full day experiences and our tours and treks of 3, 4 and up to 5 days