Terms And Conditions
Thank you very much for choosing ALTITUDEXPERIENCE! The Peruvian system of services and products sometimes differs from your home country. We strongly suggest you read the following carefully:
Booking a trek, tour or any package requires a deposit of 50% of the total trek, tour or package price. Please note that this deposit is required to purchase trail permits, train and Machu Picchu entrance tickets, which are all subject to availability. After your deposit and booking confirmation, your outstanding balance is due when you arrive in Cusco either 48 hours prior to departure or during your briefing session. Failure to pay any outstanding balances prior to departure will result in the inability to partake in your trek or tour. Final acceptance of any participant is subject to receipt and review of all required forms, documents, and payments.
ALTITUDEXPERIENCE reserves the right to cancel trips. (Refer to above section for TRIP ITINERARIES, which mentions the rights of our company on cancellations and modifications of itineraries). ALTITUDEXPERIENCE Company is not responsible for additional expenses incurred by preparing for the trip (for example: non-refundable advance purchase air tickets, clothing, equipment, visa fees, medical expenses, etc.).
If you cancel or leave a multi-day trip for any reason:
1. All 50% deposits needed for the confirmation of any trek, tour or package itinerary, are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
2. Full payment is required 48 hrs prior to departure. In case of not being able to make full payment within said time frame, an alternative payment system must be arranged and coordinated. Failure to do either of the above can result in CANCELLATION of your tour.
3. In case of delayed arrivals to Cusco (due to delayed flights, buses etc.), ALTITUDEXPERIENCE assumes no responsibility for missed tours or trek departures. Sam Travel staff will do their best to accommodate and make the required modifications. However, all additional costs for such modifications will be added to the original trek, tour or package itinerary price.
4. Trek cancellations as a result of illness, missed flights and any other reason made within 48 hours of the scheduled trek departure, are considered NO-SHOWS and will be subject to full payment without any possibility of a refund.
5. In case of sickness while on the tour, emergency costs for transportation, etc. are not included.
6. For any Inca Trail reservation ( Inca Trail 1D, 2D, Inca Trail 4D, Salkantay + Inca Trail 5D), cancellations, whether ahead of time or last minute, are considered NO-SHOWS and the full trek price must be paid.